Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Once upon a time. . .

. . . in Drew University, I was typing a blog while my roommate capped some gangsters in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.

I have concluded, as well as he, that playing GTA is the equivalent to doing nothing. And yet it's strangely appealing. I sometimes stare at the game as he plays. I inexplicably become drawn into its idiocy, kind of like reality television. But the entire game - the series even - is no different than fapping off.

I thought doing this was more appealing to me than the gay Tweety bird crap and stuff like that. Whenever I'm having writer's block, need a break from studying, or just don't know what to do in the gap between when I finish working and when I have to go to bed - I figured I'd blog.

 I'm studying Biology with an Archaeology minor. So far everything's been pretty smooth. Actually really smooth. It's like a really good sequel to a movie. No, it's like Ocean's Thirteen, and last year was Ocean's Twelve. Last year was pretty good, but this year was the year that last year should have been. . . yeah. . . try to wrap around that.

Let's see what's awesome so far:

-Don't have classes Mondays
-Applied for a radio show at my school (I'm hoping but confident it'll be accepted)
-Awesome room with an awesome view
-On my way brainstorming for a sitcom-ish series to add to my youtube account (LOOK FOR ME: search for ScottyMcGeester on youtube!)
-Predicting an awesome run academics-wise

What's NOT awesome

-Still in a slump with my writing, and then suddenly I see one of my old school friends publishing a book. I gotta step up my game. Then again I'm also juggling this scientist side of me by studying biology
-Been meaning to start a Sci-Fi/Fantasy Club but my moderator mysteriously stopped messaging me and now I have to track him down
-The showers in the bathroom at this residence hall are really awkward. They're these cramped spaces that make you feel like you're in some capsule on a space station

Doing this actually is like an exercise for my motivation. I suddenly feel like writing my story again. I have lots to post about past experiences/current experience/experiences I've yet to. . . er. . .experience. Such as fun college stories.

I'm also part of this club called NSE (New Social Engine) at my school. We're sponsoring a Capture the Flag game this Friday. Gonna be awesome.

By the way, look up my youtube.

And follow me on deviantart too! http://scottymcgee312.deviantart.com/

And formspring me!  http://www.formspring.me/ScottyMcGee

Anything else? Hrm. .

Did I mention my youtube channel yet?

~Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment