Sunday, October 10, 2010

NYC COMIC CON!!!!!!!11111oneoneone

ZOMFGWTFBBBQSAUCE!!!!


Amazing time yesterday at the NYC Comic Con. First of all I went as Big Boss from MGS. The old school Big Boss though, in the trenchcoat and with white hair. It was impossible to get from point A to point B without being stopped by someone shouting, "BIG BOSS! IT'S BIG BOSS! CAN WE TAKE A PICTURE?"

I was surprised how some girls knew who Big Boss was. I was surprised in general that a lot of people recognized him. Then again I don't think it was that a lot of people knew him. It's more that hardly anyone dresses up as him, so the people that DO know him go all out. I ran into a lot of young Big Bosses and had my picture taken with them - the young and the old.

I got interviewed too, but I didn't bother to ask by whom because I was in a rush to meet a friend.

"Who are you?"
"I'm Big Boss."
"And what makes you the Big Boss?"
"I was the greatest soldier of the 20th Century."

After that things got blurry because the interviewer started asking weird questions/saying weird things. I wasn't sure if she was making fun of me or making jokes. Whatever. Bitch.

So I jumped from friend to friend who went to Comic Con too, but I spent most of my time in the end with Brian and three other guys. Brian and I were trying to find the group when we ran into a fat guy wearing a Rebel spacesuit. The first thing we thought was that he was trying to be Porkins from the original Star Wars. Porkins became a cult favorite because he was this fat guy in the movie who got his ship blown up. People photoshopped McDonalds in his cockpit.
So we were like, "PORKINS! NOOOO!"
The guy looks at us like, "lolwut?"
And then Brian and I realize, "Oh, shit, maybe he's not pretending to be Porkins. Maybe he's just fat!"
Brian felt horrible afterward. I just laughed my ass off. The guy was probably trying to be Luke.

That's the thing at Comic Con. There are always two extremes. The immensely nerdy fat guys who fail to dress up and then the hot chicks who are there only to dress up as the scantily-clad women from video games and comics. And then they attract all those fat people. So it's like a food chain of sorts.

I'm that troll who goes around trying to find rare stuff like a rat trying to find cheese.

Like this samurai sword. I've been meaning to buy a samurai sword because I know Kendo, and I want to know how it feels like to really have a sword. I saw this stand and I practically jizzed in my pants and took a picture.
The Asian guy who ran the stand saw me and started shouting, "NO PEEEEKKKTURRRESSS! NO! NO! PUT CAMERA AWAY!"
I was like, "Uh--ah...right, ok."

Then there was this retro video game stand that was there two years ago when I went. I was hoping they'd have Final Fantasy 7. They did - but it's some Japanese import. I mean, that's cool and all - but I'M NOT FUCKING JAPANESE!

So I was bummed out for a while----UNTIL I FOUND ANOTHER RETRO GAME STAND! *GASP*
This was really retro this time. I'm talking NES AND SNES. I jizzed in my pants again and scoured through what they had. The best part was my SNES still worked perfectly.
I thought to myself, "Oh, man, this is so cool. Look at all the SNES games they have!"
They had Lufia, with a subtitle I can't remember. It looked like a great RPG and I always wanted to try Lufia.
"How much is this?"
"Two-hundred."
....
"Uh...what?"
"It's two-hundred."
. . . .
"Wait----how much is this?"
(in a more irate tone after asking a third time) "It's. . . two-hundred."

What the fuck is this shit? Is there like some nuclear device in this cartridge? Is the secret to life embedded in its chips? What the hell, man?

If there weren't so many people, I'd have totally just swiped it off.

And I saved the picture anyway of the samurai stand. In the picture the Asian guy is still shouting at me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Book of the Day:The Scarlet Pimpernel

Video Game of the Day:Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater

Hero of the Day:Big Boss

Villain of the Day: (technically) Big Boss

Movie of the Day:Goldeneye

No comments:

Post a Comment